Senior Software Engineer (f/m/d)
We are looking for YOU as Senior Software Engineer (f/m/d) in the division of Product Engineering.
As a Senior Software Engineer (f/m/d) with focus on frontend development you drive the design and development of modern web applications and digital products for vent.io based on a cutting-edge cloud infrastructure:
- Together with the other senior members of the team, you design the software architecture of the digital products
- You make sure that the vent.io architectural principles defined at the executive and strategic level are respected in the architecture and in the code
- You actively code features for modern web and data products, with a primary focus on the frontend, without though being reluctant to enter into a fullstack mode and do some work on the backend side of the things
- You take ownership of the End-to-End development of a digital product from design over development to packaging and rollout
- You actively shape the software development frameworks, processes and toolsets of the company
- You define the test strategy of the software development and ensure that it is respected by defining not only unit tests but also end-to-end and stress tests
- You keep an eye on the defined quality standards and ensure that the delivered code abides by those by continuously monitoring the SLIs defined by the SRE team
- You assist the CTO during workshops, design sessions and stakeholder meetings
- You are enthusiastic about participating in meetup and external conferences for disseminating the successes of the team
- Graduate degree in computer science, engineering, informatics or another quantitative field
- At least 5 years of experience as Software Engineer in an innovative enterprise or fast changing professional environment
- You have a proven track record of writing clean HTML5 and possessing a good command of CSS in such a way that you can instruct the development team on best practices to avoid CSS chaos
- You do not find it hard to intuitively choose the appropriate architecture and framework for the challenge at hand by respecting the business requirements
- You have come across tasks for consuming or even designing and implementing modern APIs and you understand that an API is far more than just a technical concept
- A very good theoretical but also practical knowledge of the fundamentals of computer science like algorithms, time complexity and data structures but also design patterns, API maturity levels, databases, eventual consistency, state management and DevOps processes
- Experience with running systems and implementing non-functional requirements in the early phases of a product
- First experience in cloud-native development, ideally with Azure
- You have good analytical skills and you are able to split a complex problem into its individual parts
- Team work is not alien to you and you enjoy working together with highly-skilled engineers and scientists
- You speak English and German fluently
THIS IS WHAT WE OFFER
- Flexible working conditions in our new office in Frankfurt am Main/Westend and remote work.
- A very competitive salary and benefits
- 30 days of vacation per year.
- Meal and health allowances.
- Private pension scheme.
- Substitution of the public transportation costs.
- Support of your personal further development through seminars and/or external courses.
- A very dynamic and young team, which you can enrich with your own expertise and mindset.
- Room for taking responsibility and career development opportunities.
- Start-up Flair backed by the financial stability of the Sparkasse Financial Group.